Beach is a best camping location for those who want to go on camping but are afraid of spending times among wild animals and other threats. Moreover beach camping is also popular among people who want to make the most out of hot summer. But before experiencing being outdoors on beaches, individuals will need to make certain preparations. Camping at beach has its own challenges therefore some guidelines are needed to be followed. These guidelines are given below:
- You will first have to research about the possible and most convenient destinations. Especially if you are traveling with family, you will need to choose a beach which has all facilities and amenities to make your camping trip a wonderful experience. If you are just traveling with a group of friends, you can choose any beach anywhere making sure that there are no restrictions regarding camping.
- Also make an estimate of number of miles which you need to travel in order to reach desired beach. If your kids are with you in camping trip, it will be better for you to go for a short trip. If your camping site entails a long distance, consider going with a lightweight backpack.
- Check whether there are safe sources of drinking water within the site or not. If not then bring sufficient amount of water in coolers. Make sure to drink a lot of water during your camping trip as bright sun can make your skin dry and you can also suffer from dehydration.
- Make a checklist of things which you will need during camping trip. Essential items for beach camping include tents, sleeping bag, water, food, utensils, stove, first aid kit, matches, lantern, sunscreen lotion and of course swimming gears.
- It is recommended to set up camp above high tide line ensuring that sand on this site is dry and away from sea.
- Before pitching your tent on beach, remove all rocks and sticks which can cause discomfort for you to sleep at night.
- Do not go into sun without applying sun screen because sun rays are really strong off shores. Even on cloudy days, UV rays are strong enough to damage your skin. Protect your skin first. Besides protecting facial skin, also take care of feet with proper footwear and make sure to protect your eyes using sunglasses.
- During your beach camping trip, stay away from sand dunes and cliffs. They are not protected and are not recommended either to be used as shelter. You can find shelter from strong winds at the rear of trees and bushes.
- Follow warning signs especially those that restrict swimming in a certain area. Warning signs are for protections and violation of these restrictions can be dangerous.
- Do not leave your kids unattended on beach while swimming even if they have floating equipment. A little negligence on your part may lead to something quite misfortunate.
- Trash should be disposed off properly. Do not make a mistake to bury trash under sand.
Camping on a beach is all about enjoying the wonderful experience and majestic views of sea. So those who want to make the best of it should follow the above given tips to have an unforgettable summer experience.